ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Dominique Devienne" <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: 1.7 release timetable & features.
Date Thu, 24 Feb 2005 15:01:04 GMT
> From: Steve Loughran [mailto:stevel@apache.org]
>
> - a way of embedding files into <propertyset>, so you can do
file-based
> way of going <propertyfile file="foo" required="true" /> into Java
> tasks. I wrote my own element for this for the smartfrog tasks, and it
> was v. useful. But being LGPL I can't paste it back in :(

I don't understand the use case you describe Steve.
Could you elaborate, maybe with a concrete example, for me to get it?

> - <setproxy> to take a file of proxy settings; if file is absent do
> nothing, if present read in the props (merging in ant properties) and
> then set properties from there.

I think this could be deal with using property set.

I'd like propertyset to stay as a property selector of sort, and not go
into the realm of actually loading or defining properties. A propertyset
should stay has a collections of patterns to select existing properties.
These patterns can be explicit, with the actual property name to select,
or more dynamic with startsWith/contains/regexp.

Now, if we added the ability on the property loading tasks to optionally
add any property they load/define to a new or existing propertyset, then
you get what you want (I think) while preserving the current nature of
<propertyset>. Or am I missing the point? (quite possible ;-) --DD