ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jan.Mate...@rzf.fin-nrw.de
Subject AW: [Patch] modifiedselector, style, remove unused code, slightly more lazy DigestAlgorithm.getValue (now with added source code -doh!)
Date Mon, 28 Feb 2005 06:47:41 GMT
> - removed iterator code fromModifiedSelector

Why you use the for-loop instead of iterator?

> - lazier DigestAlgorithm.getValue (includes JUnit test)
> - removed unncecessary nesting in EqualsComparator

>       //
>        // -----  Instantiate the interfaces  -----
>        //
>        String className = null;
>        String pkg =
> "org.apache.tools.ant.types.selectors.modifiedselector";
>
> what do these lines do in ModifiedSelector.configure?
> Eclipse says that
> they're never read, and as they're method variables, not class or
> instance variables (ie not public), I was very tempted to
> delete them,
> but I thought I'd better ask first in case they're present to support
> future functionality

That came more from "past functionality" than for future one :)
While developing the modified selector I started with reflection. And in
earlier steps
I had hardcoded classnames for the three interfaces as default. And so I
could simply shorten
the text to write.
My ascii editor I used there couldnĀ“t check for unneeded variables :)

Jan