ant-dev mailing list archives

From James Fuller <jim.ful...@ruminate.co.uk>
Subject a few questions
Date Mon, 28 Feb 2005 15:41:01 GMT
Steve Loughran wrote:

> James Fuller wrote:
>
>> no, I have already gone through the input masking fun....its more
>> about locking down...or giving the opportunity to lock down; e.g.
>> secure class loading, working with digital certs, etc...
>

> to run ant secure you'd need to generate a JAR of everything in the
> tasks and tasks.optional packages and sign them. And merge in the
> tests before running them, as they are in the same packages.
>
> that would be troublesome. It's hard to retrofit that.

agreed...though I think there is an opportunity with tasks (correct me
if my understanding is wrong on this) are going to be seperated out as
libraries, not sure what this means, but I think the first step getting
the Ant core aligned core security principles would be an impromptu
review of weakest links; any kind of anecdotal information...then start
from there...tasks..be they core/optional are another thing alltogether.

btw I have a few general developer questions...and before I start caning
bugzilla I think