ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Some tests fail when we use Crimson (i.e. JDK 1.4)
Date Fri, 25 Feb 2005 09:35:37 GMT
Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> * org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.SchemaValidateTest
>
> well, Crimson doesn't support XSD.
>
> Is there any way to detect whether a parser supports XSD from within
> the build file and skip the test?
>
> Should the test pass gracefully?
>
> * org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.XmlValidateTest

We can find this by setting the appropriate features in the parser and
looking for errors.  Easy to do in code, not from in ant.

Maybe we could have a <parsersupports /> condition that lets you set a
feature/property to a value, if there is felt to be broad need for the
feature?

otherwise, add some logic in each test that uses schema stuff.