ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 1.7 release timetable & features.
Date Thu, 24 Feb 2005 16:41:18 GMT
Dominique Devienne wrote:

> Given that I don't know the <sf-startdaemon> task, it's difficult to
> gage whether the properties loaded from ${runtime.properties} are used
> as properties, i.e. the task also supports a <property> or <param> or
> etc...)

turned into a set of properties for the JVM underneath, a JVM started in
<java>. Without explicit support in Java for the problem, I have to
expand the properties myself before handing them down.

> the more controversial use of the property name/value pairs as
> definitions for the task's own attributes (instead or in addition to
> writing them in the build file), as was proposed recently. The latter I
> don't like much. --DD

oh, no no no. this is just for jvm configuration by adding extra system
properties to the process, ones that could be stuck in a configuration
file.