ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Th. Schapitz" <shalmane...@ePost.de>
Subject Re: Ant delete task with files with acutes and space
Date Tue, 08 Feb 2005 22:42:54 GMT
The default encoding the jvm uses on *any* io (file, network or else) is
determined by the jvm property
file.encoding.

You can do several things:

a.) check the setting in effect, by using the Echoproperties task, to
find out the current setting in effect.
b.) enforce a certain setting, e.g. by using ant ...
-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 .... **
c.) selecting the proper encoding in a XML PI <?xml version="1.0"
encoding="..."?>, like DD suggested,
 might help too, but I'm not sure about that.

d.) Anyway, what is really important, is: make sure, that the encoding
used by your editor in fact matches
the one given in a.) or b.) (or c.))

Dominique: AFAIK, it is a matter of the XML-Parsers setup, whether it
honors processing instructions or not..
Are you aware whether this was done?

Thomas