ant-dev mailing list archives

From jful...@ruminate.co.uk
Subject Re: AW: 1.7 release timetable & features.
Date Thu, 24 Feb 2005 12:49:14 GMT
note to myself re wish list for Ant 1.7 for the summer...

+1 to minor release to 'bed down' some of the structurally big changes

w/o cross referencing with current buglist/wish lists....off the top of my head;

- manual needs some pretty generous scrubbing and reorganisation (note: not a fan of any of
task styles used...ex. WhichResource) and generally a fresher look and feel.

- would like to embed namespaced xml (dublin core, etc...) that are ignored by Ant if Ant
doesnt know about it e.g. generally be able to embed ant scripts into compound xml documents
and process normally.

- <libraries>
stuff is very important to me; having the ability to define reusable classpaths with <libraries/>
would be very useful (not just embedded in java task)

- junit task IMHO needs revamping, coordination of test processes across dbunit, xmlunit,
and junit would assist...more thoughts on this later

- Ant should have some basic built in autodoc tool for scripts...once again I am working on
something...and others have attempted.

- secure processing is a problem with ant, as it is with any build tool....been looking at
ways of enhancing standard task definition to be more 'security' aware....internal/external
properties,passwords, in memory management, secure deletion of sensitive artifacts etc...a
bit of hardening would go a long ways in considering Ant's usage in different development
environs

more to come....

Jim Fuller