ant-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: FileUtils.normalize
Date Tue, 22 Feb 2005 16:31:59 GMT

> On Fri, 18 Feb 2005, Matt Benson
> <gudnabrsam@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > OR it may be that we should detect these
> conditions as
> > NOT being absolute pathnames on DOS.
>
> As with most Windows/DOS features I'm pretty much on
> the fence.
>
> To me it sounds as if marking paths "C:foo"
> non-absolute and modify
> resolveFile to deal with them the way you proposed
> normalizePath to do
> would be the better approach.

I think so too, especially since I opened up
FU.isAbsolutePath() to public access.  Similarly with
Netware... I have worked with older versions of
Netware, and on those VOLUME:PATH or VOLUME:\PATH are
equivalent but not absolute.  VOLUME: is relative to
the current server.  So SERVER\VOLUME:(\)?PATH is
absolute, as is "driveletter-colon-separator."  Can
anyone update my knowledge of Netware file
specification conventions?

Thanks,
Matt