ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Kaffe and native2ascii
Date Mon, 31 Jan 2005 15:25:28 GMT
On Mon, 31 Jan 2005, Dominique Devienne <DDevienne@lgc.com> wrote:

> I've seen the CVS log activity around native2ascii,
> and was curious to what the problem with Kaffe is,

there is no sun.tools.native2ascii.Main in Kaffe.

> which from your commit messages are linked to Gump.

Yes.  We run Gump on Kaffe and whenever I see something that could be
fixed via cooperation of Ant, I jump in 8-)

I'm very careful to invoke the Kaffe classes via the command line
interface only, otherwise I might get Ant into GPL trouble.

Does anybody think ExecuteJava is good enough in abstracting away the
invocation or should I even go about forking a new VM?  Looking at the
KaffeRmic code, we may already be doing more than is OK, at least from
a paranoid point of view.

Next up is javah, since Kaffe doesn't contain com.sun.tools.javah.Main
either.

Stefan