ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject Re: ANT does not seem closing JAR files correctly.
Date Tue, 11 Jan 2005 16:07:28 GMT
On Mon, 10 Jan 2005, Alexey N. Solofnenko <>

> After some research I found that I had the same file twice in a JAR
> (two inner filesets were referencing the same file - this is an
> interesting situation too - fileset joining would behave
> better). There is a bug already that inclusion of the same file
> breaks ANT.

I only recall a bug report where having the same file twice inside the
same archive breaks Java WebStart, the archive was technically valid.
Do you have the bug number?  Maybe you are talking about a different
report than me.

> This still seems a bug - ANT should not produce broken archives in
> this situation.

I completely agree with you and I don't think Ant does:

[bodewig@bodewig tmp]$ cat zip.xml
  <zip destfile="">
    <fileset dir="." includes="zip.xml"/>
    <fileset dir="." includes="zip.xml"/>
[bodewig@bodewig tmp]$ ant -f zip.xml
Buildfile: zip.xml
      [zip] Building zip: /tmp/

Total time: 2 seconds
[bodewig@bodewig tmp]$ zip -Tv found a preamble of 119 bytes
    testing: zip.xml                  OK
    testing: zip.xml                  OK
No errors detected in compressed data of
test of OK

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message