ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: jpackage, JDKs and Ant
Date Tue, 11 Jan 2005 08:53:46 GMT
On Mon, 10 Jan 2005, Steve Loughran <stevel@apache.org> wrote:

> Does anyone know what is going on here? Is this jpackage or a new
> Sun layout system?

jpackage, I guess.

> What should I be doing to move up to Java1.5?

Probably install <http://www.jpackage.org/rpm.php?id=1291> (see the
rebuilding instructions).

> On the ant side of things, who has played with ant installed via
> jpackage?

I haven't, but I used to help them syncing with our stuff.

> Are the scripts different?

They used to be current with our CVS HEAD scripts rather than Ant
1.6.x, but I haven't checked lately and unsubscribed from the jpackage
list during my last vacation.

> What are the mechanisms for people to add new stuff to the lib
> directories, given that a root-installed system wont let people do
> that?

~/.ant/lib just like you'd do with plain Ant.

Stefan