ant-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: <libraries>
Date Thu, 20 Jan 2005 14:32:20 GMT
Steve Loughran wrote:

> is anyone else using this yet? What is their experience?

I am not using it but the Cocoon project, that uses Ant, would like to
download artifacts, and I would like to use it for JDNC.

I'm not sure how to propose the use of this now, maybe if it were
packaged as an antlib and buildable separately...

WDYT about Maven Wagon in this regard?

> I am starting to move to it. I am also thinking of some enhancements
>
> 1. For <mavenrepository> always download pom and license files if
> present. With "pom:boolean" and "license:boolean" flags to
> enable/disable this.

IMHO this is good, and both should be enabled by default.

> License is useful, pom may be useful in future...

Do you have a specific idea on this? :->

> 2. add a new magic property to let people override the ibiblio mirror
> for all their projects.

Yup.

> 3. make the default library the same place maven stores their files.

Definatley!!!

> 4. implement Russel's suggestion of fileset+filelist type generation. ;
> plus whatever changes something to make it easy to turn the libs into
> the libraries in a WAR/EAR file

:-)

> 5. Better error handling if things fail. Like correct line selection of
> <library> tags, maybe better diagnosis. Though what you can do when
> nothing is there, I dont know.
>
> I also think it would be convenient with my life if as well as loading
> ~/.ant/lib, that we had a properties file with my own customisations,
> say  ~/.ant/build.properties
>
> That way I could set up things like proxy, maven repository, etc, in one
> place and have everything track it. I thought maybe we did this already,
> but couldnt see it in the docs or the source.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -