ant-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: excludesfile must exist?
Date Tue, 25 Jan 2005 13:40:19 GMT
On Jan 25, 2005, at 5:58 AM, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> Actually, on second thought, there is more to this.
>
> Remember that fileset default to includes="**" and no excludes.  Now
> consider
>
> <delete>
>   <fileset dir="extremely-important-files"
>            includesfile="some-not-so-important-files"/>
> </delete>
>
> If some-not-so-important-files isn't there, Ant will barf now.  I
> guess most people prefer this over having Ant delete all files in the
> extremely-important-files directory instead.

Yes, I agree with the current behavior for includesfiles, but to my
current use the excludesfile is a different type of scenario.  I want
all files included except ones that are listed in an optional file.
The <available> and <excludesfile if="..."/> works fine for me though,
so I retract my original request :)

	Erik