ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Dominique Devienne" <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: Kaffe and native2ascii
Date Mon, 31 Jan 2005 15:34:41 GMT
> From: Stefan Bodewig [mailto:bodewig@apache.org]
>
> On Mon, 31 Jan 2005, Dominique Devienne <DDevienne@lgc.com> wrote:
>
> > I've seen the CVS log activity around native2ascii,
> > and was curious to what the problem with Kaffe is,
>
> there is no sun.tools.native2ascii.Main in Kaffe.
>
> > which from your commit messages are linked to Gump.
>
> Yes.  We run Gump on Kaffe and whenever I see something that could be
> fixed via cooperation of Ant, I jump in 8-)

Ah ;-)

> Next up is javah, since Kaffe doesn't contain com.sun.tools.javah.Main
> either.

Eh, I have a prototype re-implementation of Javah that Dax and I worked
on (well, mostly Dax ;-). Let me refresh my memory for it. It may be a
good starting point. I recall it was faster that javah at the time ;-)
We wrote it because we had a remote interface hierarchy (as opposed to
stand-alone remote interfaces), which the SUN javah would make a proxy
for each, duplicating the inherited methods. We made the proxy inherit
from each other too, like the original remote itfs, and the generated
proxy classes were much smaller. --DD