ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Dominique Devienne" <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: DynamicConfigurator and friends
Date Fri, 14 Jan 2005 15:32:14 GMT
> From: Stefan Bodewig [mailto:bodewig@apache.org]
>
> On Fri, 14 Jan 2005, Dominique Devienne <DDevienne@lgc.com> wrote:
>
> > There's one last twist about text handling in Ant that I
> > discovered with a modified version of <echo> though: Ant
> > merges text nodes for an element, calling addText() only
> > later addText("e"), but addText("be"), so you don't get
> > the same DOM fragment as what's in the build file.
>
> Yes, I know.  Since most tasks don't support mixed content models,
> that is no problem for them.

Except by my custom <echo> which depended on mixed content ;-)
But I easily work around this by having explicit <text> elements
to get the correct ordering of elements/text nodes (which became
<text> elements themselves).

> It is a problem, but one that would be rather hard to fix without
> breaking BWC.

With a DynamicConfigurator-based impl of XMLFragment, yes.

But that's not the only way to implement it... ;-) --DD