ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: sync FileUtils
Date Tue, 25 Jan 2005 21:42:55 GMT
Matt Benson wrote:
> There is a lot of stuff in FileUtils that is marked
> for Ant 1.7 but that is already in use in Tasks that
> have small changes that would be good 1.6.3
> candidates.  The FileUtils changes in question (I may
> have missed some):
>
> static getFileUtils() method (Martijn)
> files comparison ignoring line-endings (Martijn)
> remove duplicate code using isAbsolutePath() (Martijn)
> getParentFile() delegates to File.getParentFile()
> (Jesse)
> createNewFile() delegates to File.createNewFile()
> (Steve)
> new isUpToDate() methods (Steve)
>
> Does anyone object to my (changing 1.7 to 1.6.3 in
> code) sync the 1.6 branch to HEAD?  It will make it
> much easier to sync other changes over from HEAD and
> doesn't appear to carry a lot of risk.

I'm +1 to the changes, except that the non-static stuff should not be
marked as deprecated in the 1.6 branch.

My external tasks use this version and I'm getting deprecation warnings
that I know to ignore (and cannot act on without sacrificing 1.6.x
compatibility). Adding the same warning to the 1.6 branch increases the
risk that people see the warning and change their tasks to not work on
the 1.6.2 and earlier releases.

-steve