ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to supress output
Date Mon, 24 Jan 2005 12:26:29 GMT
Anderson, Rob (Global Trade) wrote:
> I have ClearCase. I can test it. Although I am not a committer, I have contributed tasks
and bug fixes. I was a little surprised by Steve Loughran's response to the bug report.

> Steve, Question: Does developer = committer ? Since the project is open source, isn't
anyone who contributes to the code a developer?

> -Rob Anderson

Sorry, yes, I am duly chastised. forgive me!

I guess I suffer from pent ill will to clearcase, as it is the only SCM
system I am actually scared of. VSS I dont regard as real SCM, but when
ClearCase starts playing up, your project can lose days of time, leading
to the "get the virgin to sacrifice a goat" conversation with management
(we needed the virgin so if the goat sacrifice doesnt cut it, we had an
escalation policy). Or in my case, by cross mounting my PC's CC share
from somebody elses system to get back at the data that CC decided I was
unworthy of seeing.

-steve

(apparently using CC for Unix kernel development is even worse; if the
kernel changed the filesys that morning, you couldnt see the SCM
repository to get it back).