ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: excludesfile must exist?
Date Mon, 24 Jan 2005 12:22:50 GMT
Erik Hatcher wrote:
> On Jan 21, 2005, at 4:33 PM, Matt Benson wrote:
>
>> --- Erik Hatcher <erik@ehatchersolutions.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I haven't been in the internals of Ant for a while,
>>> my apologies.  I
>>> recall this coming up before.... any objections to
>>> changing how
>>> <fileset> handles excludesfile (and I'm assuming
>>> includesfile) such
>>> that existence of the file is not mandatory?
>>
>> [SNIP]
>>
>> +0 but looks like you could use available + if/unless
>> of excludesfile elements in the meantime; I hesitate
>> to presume you didn't know that, but I didn't until I
>> just looked.  :)
>

> I hadn't thought about that option, so thanks for reminding me!
>
> It still seems silly to error on a missing includes/excludes file, sort
> of like erroring on a missing properties file with <property
> file="missing_file.properties"/>

I think it makes sense on excludesfile (as it is implicitly excluded),
but not includesfile

On the subject of propertyfile, sometimes I wish there was a way of
saying "must-exist" on a property; still, I suppose that is what
macrodef is for.

On the subject of macrodef, can I express my admiration to whoever added
<condition> to <fail>; it makes life a lot easier...