ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexey N. Solofnenko" <A.Solofne...@mdl.com>
Subject Re: Need a target meta data for parallel executor.
Date Thu, 20 Jan 2005 17:12:04 GMT
I think I did understand it. This is a practical example:

<target name="init"/>
<target name="clean1" depends="init"/>
<target name="clean2" depends="init"/>
<target name="clean" depends="clean1,clean2"/>
<target name="build1" depends="init"/>
<target name="build2" depends="init"/>
<target name="build" depends="build1,build2"/>

<target name="clean-build" depends="clean;build"/>

Imposing execution order on "clean" and "build" targets is not enough -
clean1 and build1 can still be executed in parallel, so it will not
work. In fact you would want to execute targets in that order ("init" is
a common dependency):

init;clean1||clean2;clean;build1||build2;build

This seems simple, but now clean2 can depend on "clean0;build1" and
order becomes very different. It is still possible to implement, but I
am brain dead at the moment to see it all the way through.

- Alexey.