ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject <libraries>
Date Thu, 20 Jan 2005 12:23:19 GMT

is anyone else using this yet? What is their experience?

I am starting to move to it. I am also thinking of some enhancements

1. For <mavenrepository> always download pom and license files if
present. With "pom:boolean" and "license:boolean" flags to
enable/disable this. License is useful, pom may be useful in future...

2. add a new magic property to let people override the ibiblio mirror
for all their projects.

3. make the default library the same place maven stores their files.

4. implement Russel's suggestion of fileset+filelist type generation. ;
plus whatever changes something to make it easy to turn the libs into
the libraries in a WAR/EAR file

5. Better error handling if things fail. Like correct line selection of
<library> tags, maybe better diagnosis. Though what you can do when
nothing is there, I dont know.

I also think it would be convenient with my life if as well as loading
~/.ant/lib, that we had a properties file with my own customisations,
say  ~/.ant/build.properties

That way I could set up things like proxy, maven repository, etc, in one
place and have everything track it. I thought maybe we did this already,
but couldnt see it in the docs or the source.

-steve

NB, there is some discussion in the repository mail list about future
changes to how maven repository works

-move to fully qualified naming "org.apache.xerces"

-proper signatures

no real progress or implementation yet, but it'd be nice if this stuff
was coming together for ant1.7