ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexey N. Solofnenko" <A.Solofne...@mdl.com>
Subject Re: Need a target meta data for parallel executor.
Date Wed, 19 Jan 2005 18:40:23 GMT
So, would do you propose? Is it something like:

<project>
  <property name="org.apache.ant.target-mutexes"
value="xxx,yyy;aaa,bbb,ccc"/>
</project>

The target mutual exclusion seems static and nobody should be changing
it from an outside (only build script developer should know about them).
On the other hand adding even more ANT constructs for every small detail
seems an overkill. If we add a meta-info facility, it should cover this
and any other future uses. And the meta-info will be also ignored by
code that does not understand it (for example old ANT will be still able
to run build files prepared for parallel execution).

- Alexey.