ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexey N. Solofnenko" <A.Solofne...@mdl.com>
Subject Need a target meta data for parallel executor.
Date Wed, 19 Jan 2005 17:09:41 GMT
Hello,

  I am experimenting with parallel executor.  One of the things required
for it is to be able to prevent some targets (mostly test targets) to be
executed simultaneously. It is possible to add something like
"mutex-names" attribute to Target, but if we do that, there seems no end
of adding many more attributes that make sense only in some specific
situations. Instead of that we could use XML processing instruction
"<?META mutexes="test"?> or <?MUTEX names="xxx,yyy"?> (this is more
readable, but more complex too - most likely it will require two level
Map of meta attributes) and keeps them in an identity hash map within
project. Theoretically any object should be able to have a meta
information attached, so during real task creation the hash map should
be updated with real reference. What do you think?

- Alexey.