ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: ant build.xml
Date Mon, 17 Jan 2005 09:56:02 GMT
Peter Reilly wrote:
> Alexey N. Solofnenko wrote:
>
>> Awesome! Can you write also <scriptmapper>?
>

> With current ant cvs one can use a filtermapper to use a scriptfilter:
>
> <filtermapper>
>  <scriptfilter language="beanshell">
>    self.setToken(self.getToken().toUpperCase());
>  </scriptfilter>
> </filtermapper>

We could think of adding <scriptcondition> ; something that lets you
write arbitrary tests in a condition. That could be very useful in some
places, I think.

As an aside, I wasnt overwhelmed with the consistency of
scripting-in-java stuff out there.

-You must use rhino <=1.5R5 for JavaScript; 1.5R6 and 1.6 are not
compatible with BSH.
-Jython is effectively dead (no updates since 2003; author now works in
Redmond)
-Groovy is in the tar pit of JCP standardisation, so may undergo
indeterminate changes in the near future

I went with javascript, but should maybe have gone with beanshell or or
groovy.

-steve