ant-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Topping <topp...@codehaus.org>
Subject DynamicConfigurator and friends
Date Thu, 13 Jan 2005 23:08:35 GMT
Hi all,

I'm trying to use DynamicConfigurator and need a bit of clarification.
I'd like to make the child text of a Task (defined with a taskdef) be
usable as a String by the Task.

The issue is that the "arbitrary" text is XML and I want to get it as a
String, not a stream of other child elements.  I can't seem to figure
out what I need to do to tell Ant to not interpret the content.  There
seem to be a lot of permutations of using a setFoo(Foo) method,
setText(String), etc.  I've looked long and hard at IntrospectionHelper,
but there's something I'm missing in there.

Is this possible without wrapping the text in a CDATA?  That wouldn't
work for this application.

If it's possible, can you please provide any interfaces that I need to
implement (or *not* implement), element classes, etc.

Thanks kindly!!!

Brian