ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Reilly <peterrei...@apache.org>
Subject Re: local properties
Date Tue, 11 Jan 2005 15:41:22 GMT
Jose Alberto Fernandez wrote:

>>From: Peter Reilly [mailto:peterreilly@apache.org]
>>

>>>Wouldn't mind having the two, and see what works best. :-)
>>>

>>Sounds good, but is it possible to get a different name than "let" ?
>>

>Hey, just propose a name for it. I am flexible... :-)

Stefan's suggestion of "defvar" or "define-property" is on the correct
lines.
Perhaps "defineproperty name='name'" to define a property name  accessed
by @{name} or
${@{name}} to get the value.
and "localproperty name='name'" to define a local property accessed by
name or ${name} to
get the value.

(the - in the orginal "local-property" suggestion will only work for
typedefed tasks and not
for nested elements discovered by Introspection).

Peter