ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject jpackage, JDKs and Ant
Date Mon, 10 Jan 2005 17:59:14 GMT

Having just upgrade to Suse9.2 wierd and wonderful things have happened
to my java setup, like the java1.4.2 JDK has moved somewhere, and now
all the java commands are in /usr/bin, symlinked through
/etc/alternatives to what looks like a new version of 1.4.2.
Also,JAVA_HOME is mapped to the JVM home, not a JDK:

 > echo $JAVA_HOME
/usr/lib/jvm/java

Does anyone know what is going on here? Is this jpackage or a new Sun
layout system? I think the former, as adding java1.5 SDK to the mix
doesnt bind javac to the new location.

What should I be doing to move up to Java1.5?

On the ant side of things, who has played with ant installed via
jpackage? Are the scripts different? What are the mechanisms for people
to add new stuff to the lib directories, given that a root-installed
system wont let people do that? Do you have to run ant -lib ~/somedir ,
or is that all automatic?

-steve