ant-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <>
Subject Re: excludesfile must exist?
Date Mon, 24 Jan 2005 15:30:43 GMT

--- Steve Loughran <> wrote:
> I think it makes sense on excludesfile (as it is
> implicitly excluded),
> but not includesfile

Actually, I thought of it the other way around:  if
the includes file doesn't exist, the patterns to be
contained won't be included.  Maybe that's a
glass-half-empty/half-full question.

> On the subject of propertyfile, sometimes I wish
> there was a way of
> saying "must-exist" on a property; still, I suppose
> that is what
> macrodef is for.
> On the subject of macrodef, can I express my
> admiration to whoever added
> <condition> to <fail>; it makes life a lot easier...
I would blush but since Peter just did in response to
a comment by Antoine my doing it again so soon would
only cheapen the sentiment.  But thanks!  ;)

> To unsubscribe, e-mail:
> For additional commands, e-mail:

Do you Yahoo!?

To unsubscribe, e-mail: