ant-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: <libraries>
Date Fri, 21 Jan 2005 15:21:40 GMT
--- Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicolaken@apache.org> wrote:

> Matt Benson wrote:
> > I think we've had requests for automatic <import>
> > invocations as well, while we're talking about
> > automatic stuff...
>
> I don't understand, could you please explain a bit
> more in detail?
> TIA

The most obvious use for automatic <import>s would be
to auto-[type|task]def things for use in the default
namespace.  This use is arguable as to need; I'm sure
this would address other situations but just now I
don't remember what those are.  ;)

Another thing I would like to see is the ability to
add directories to Ant's classpath (without using
CLASSPATH) so that antlibs could live as standalone
XML files in the case where an antlib, for example,
consists only of macrodefs and presetdefs and refers
to no extra-Ant classes.

-Matt