ant-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <>
Subject Re: <clone> or file collections
Date Wed, 12 Jan 2005 17:33:35 GMT

--- Peter Reilly <> wrote:

> Matt Benson wrote:
> >To be absolutely clear, no, Clone would no longer
> >extend UE.
> >

> Excellent !
> Peter.

On reviewing the code I am now seeing why I extended
UE; it contains a lot of code, as I'm sure you know,
for making these element substitutions work.  Going
with the ProxyElement (PE) concept, PE would be a copy
of UE with makeObject() declared as abstract (probably
removing the UE parameter).  Do we move UE's code and
have it extend PE?  If not, why?  From a nomenclature
standpoint, I don't know that ProxyElement really
captures the concept any better than UnknownElement
does to start with.  What I am saying is that,
controversy over Clone's right to exist aside ( ;)  ),
creating the distinction that Clone is not a UE is
basically an exercise in refactoring for type
distinctions that I'm not sure are warranted/have been
properly defined.  And your thoughts?

Do you Yahoo!?
The all-new My Yahoo! - Get yours free!

To unsubscribe, e-mail: