ant-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject excludesfile must exist?
Date Fri, 21 Jan 2005 21:19:16 GMT
I haven't been in the internals of Ant for a while, my apologies.  I
recall this coming up before.... any objections to changing how
<fileset> handles excludesfile (and I'm assuming includesfile) such
that existence of the file is not mandatory?   Logging that the file
doesn't exist seems appropriate if we make this change.  If the file
doesn't exist, it should act as if that attribute was not specified.

I'm speaking from Ant 1.6.2, and haven't looked to see if this has
changed in the latest codebase yet.

I just hit this issue in my current project where I'm trying to work
around a handful of invalid XML files with <xslt> by using
excludesfile.

Thanks,
	Erik