ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject Re: [Patch] change to use static method FileUtils.readFully
Date Fri, 03 Dec 2004 14:57:55 GMT
On Wed, 01 Dec 2004, Jesse Glick <> wrote:
> Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>> Initially we thought we'd provide subclasses for different OSes
>> like OpenVMSFileUtils or NetwareFileUtils and would use
>> newFileUtils as a factory method.

> But it seems that various methods already do OS-dependent checks;
> this should work equally well with static methods, right?

Yes.  You must have missed my

> We never did so, though.

The way the methods are implemented is not the way we envisioned when
we made FileUtils a factory.  Somehow the OS dependent code crept into
the methods as ifs instead of getting rolled into subclasses.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message