ant-dev mailing list archives

From Groboclown <grobocl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New repository task
Date Tue, 07 Dec 2004 16:22:40 GMT
On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 22:27:12 +0000, Steve Loughran <stevel@apache.org> wrote:

> Also, and this is important, you dont need to use it to download stuff.
> Instead you can use it to manage libraries that you depend on. (We may
> want to change behaviour to say if you dont specify a repository, that
> is exactly what you get)

That's great.  I just became a little cautious when I saw a bunch of
hard-coded references to the Maven style of paths.  If this stays
confined to the Maven repository, that's fine.

One thing I've always liked about Ant is that it doesn't dictate to
you any way to store your files (well, besides the ANT_HOME
directory).  This kind of thing seems to me like forcing the user into
the Maven world view.

--
-Matt
"So whatever you do, don't be bored, this is