ant-dev mailing list archives

From Kev Jackson <kevin.jack...@it.fts-vn.com>
Subject Re: [Patch] removed deprecated methods and changed variable scope (private-protected) ProjectHelperImpl
Date Fri, 10 Dec 2004 11:54:28 GMT

> We will not be changing private to protected.
> As much as possible all fields should be private and there should
> be very few protected methods.
> For current released code, it is not possible to change protected fields
> to private fields due to BC consideration.

OK, I agree that all fields *should* be private, but in these cases, the
fields are in inner classes (I never declare more than one class in a
source file, so I'm not sure that all of these are inner classes, but
bear with me), so the visibility of the field is restricted to the Class
that the inner class is in correct?  And as such it is actually
"private" to other classes even if it's declared protected.

Or have I got my visibility/scope rules muddled.

>> still showing 1700+ warnings/errors :(
>

> but it is coming down! 8-)

Slowly, very slowly!

Kev