ant-dev mailing list archives

From Kev Jackson <kevin.jack...@it.fts-vn.com>
Subject [Patch] small changes to CBZip2*
Date Thu, 09 Dec 2004 06:43:02 GMT
just some minor tweaks
- noticed two loops looping over same range with independent code,
combined them
- removed unneccessary casts from int to int (I left in casts from char
to int as the code may rely on these casts in some obscure way, I
guessed that a cast from int to int was truly unneccesary though)
- use FileUtils to close stream

question:
Do we assume that when arrays are initialised they have an undefined value?
eg:
boolean[] test = new array[10];

test[0] == null?

Reading VM spec suggests that a boolean is initialised to false and that
was my understanding too, but does this behaviour change when an array
of primitives is created?  I'm pretty sure it doesn't, but it may be a
VM vendor issue so I left in the code that looped across arrays and set
them all to false in case a particular VM doesn't do this.

http://java.sun.com/docs/books/vmspec/2nd-edition/html/Concepts.doc.html#15858

Kev