ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Reilly <peterrei...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: ant/src/etc/testcases/taskdefs checksum.xml
Date Wed, 08 Dec 2004 16:54:54 GMT
Actually, I have had a quick look at the changes you made.
I do not believe that they will work on windows with
a dos style cvs client.

For example:
the xml target is now:
  <target name="createMd5">
    <checksum file="../asf-logo.gif" fileext=".MD5" />
    <fixcrlf eol="lf" srcdir=".." includes="asf-logo.gif.MD5" />
  </target>
the test is:

    public void testCreateMd5() throws IOException {
        FileUtils fileUtils = FileUtils.newFileUtils();
        executeTarget("createMd5");

assertTrue(fileUtils.contentEquals(project.resolveFile("expected/asf-logo.gif.md5"),

project.resolveFile("../asf-logo.gif.MD5")));
    }

The expected file is  "expected/asf-logo.gif.md5". There will be a one
character
difference between the size of the file with dos line ending and a file
with unix (or mac) line
endings. With the change you make, the test will not compare a file with
dos line endings
to one with unix lineending and so will fail.

Peter