ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Reilly <peterrei...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Fwd: ANT]
Date Wed, 08 Dec 2004 15:04:33 GMT
I think that you are correct in the nested elements should be
reconfigured as well -i.e. it is a bug not
to do this.

However the patch you provide has the following minor issues:

1) the diff should be done using context diff (diff -c command),
otherwise it is difficult to apply.

2) You should change the current CVS source and not the released source
(1.6.2 in this case). This is
    for a number of reasons - a) it makes sure that the change works
against the latest version of ant, b)
    it is easier for ant committers to commit it, c) the fix may already
be in cvs (this has happened on a number
    of occasions).

3) all public methods need a javadoc comment (including javadoc tags for
each of the method parameters,
     return values and exceptions)

4) where possible a unit test (a build file would suffice) should be
provided to show the fix or enhancement (maybe not easy in this case)

Peter