ant-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: ant/src/etc/testcases/taskdefs checksum.xml
Date Wed, 08 Dec 2004 17:36:01 GMT
Hey, good point, I follow you... if the cvs client
auto-converts the "expected" files, then they won't
match the <fixcrlf>'d files.  Hmm... maybe we should
just change the unit test to read the files (using
<loadfile> with a <striplinebreaks> filter) into
properties and compare those rather than using
FileUtils.contentEquals(...)?  Any other ideas?

-Matt

--- Peter Reilly <peterreilly@apache.org> wrote:

> Actually, I have had a quick look at the changes you
> made.
> I do not believe that they will work on windows with
> a dos style cvs client.
>
> For example:
> the xml target is now:
>   <target name="createMd5">
>     <checksum file="../asf-logo.gif" fileext=".MD5"
> />
>     <fixcrlf eol="lf" srcdir=".."
> includes="asf-logo.gif.MD5" />
>   </target>
> the test is:
>
>     public void testCreateMd5() throws IOException {
>         FileUtils fileUtils =
> FileUtils.newFileUtils();
>         executeTarget("createMd5");

assertTrue(fileUtils.contentEquals(project.resolveFile("expected/asf-logo.gif.md5"),