ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/optional/metamata AbstractMetamataTask.java MParse.java
Date Mon, 15 Nov 2004 15:33:21 GMT
On Mon, 15 Nov 2004, Dominique Devienne <DDevienne@lgc.com> wrote:

> Stefan, could you explain the main categories of warning your
> changes are fixing?

Sure:

<http://brutus.apache.org/gump/kaffe/ant/bootstrap-ant/gump_work/buildscript_ant_bootstrap-ant.html>
but be fast ;-)

> I see a lot of local and member variables name changes, and I
> suspect some of them relate to name hiding,

almost all of them.  The one in extension/Specification even pointed
to a real bug.

,----
`----

> I guess I also picked up using static methods directly instead of
> thru an instance ref, but what else is there?

Yes.

All of the fixes I committed have either been for shadowed defintions
or statics used as non-statics.  There also is a warning about switch
fall-throughs in JavaEnvUtils but they are wanted.

Stefan