ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Dominique Devienne" <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: cvs commit: ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/types/selectors/modifiedselector ModifiedSelector.java
Date Mon, 22 Nov 2004 17:01:40 GMT
> From: Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de [mailto:Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de]
>
> puh - never heard, that such a comment should be wrong ...
> So that´s an error in xdoclet?

Actually, it's true. The JLS at one point specified that the last line of a file shouldn't
end with a comment without a trailing line ending (\n). We even had compile failure with SUN's
Javac 1.4.x on Linux, and had to add a bunch of empty lines after such comments.

Now the SUN compilers are back to being more lenient about this, and maybe even the spec was
update!? --DD