ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Dominique Devienne" <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: documentation
Date Thu, 18 Nov 2004 16:50:23 GMT
> From: Steve Loughran [mailto:stevel@apache.org]
>
> I have lots of docs pending, both on the repository and on the
smartfrog
> deployment stuff @work, which is in a separate CVS codebase for extra
> fun.
>
> This is an incentive for me to do what I've been thinking of for a
> while, redo the xdoclet stuff for
> -latest xdoclet
> -datatypes alongside tasks
> -optional/required/default tags
> -XSL -> XHTML (not that I have anything against velocity...)
> -make it properly usable in external projects
>
> Anyone want to muck in? Especially someone with xdoclet/xsl/velocity
> skills, or just time on hands.

I started doing some of it, but had to let it go by lack of
time recently :-( I'm definitely interested, especially if it
can be used for external antlibs too (becomes part of Ant distro).
Having a standard way to document Ant tasks/types would only foster
more reuse of such external AntLibs I think, and a more consistent
way to document them all. --DD

PS: As I said before, I heavily lean towards XSL myself.