ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Dominique Devienne" <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: cvs commit: ant/src/etc/testcases/taskdefs/exec apply.xml
Date Tue, 16 Nov 2004 21:26:36 GMT
> From: Matt Benson [mailto:gudnabrsam@yahoo.com]
> --- Dominique Devienne <DDevienne@lgc.com> wrote:
> > >   Log:
> > >   Add overwrite attribute to <apply>.
> > >
> > >   +* <apply> has a new "overwrite" attribute that,
> > when true, disables
> > >   +  checking of target files.
> >
> > Matt, I believe we use force for such an attribute
> > in a few other tasks.
> > It's probably a better name than overwrite. --DD
>
> I wondered if anyone would suggest an alternate
> attribute name; I might have known it'd be you, DD.
> ;)  I am not attached to this name, so I will look
> into other uses of "force" and probably change it in a
> little while, then.

OK, maybe not a few, but at least <style force=""> ;-)

<copy overwrite=""> makes sense, although force would have been a good
name too, by <apply> does not necessarily write files, although it often
will I admit. I just think force fits better in this context. But I'm
not 'attached' to force either ;-) Maybe we should use a global policy
this out a confuse things a little... --DD