ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Dominique Devienne" <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: repository
Date Tue, 16 Nov 2004 17:43:57 GMT
> From: Russell Gold [mailto:russgold@gmail.com]
>
> On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 09:06:24 -0600, Dominique Devienne
> > but would like timestamp checking for latest-like dependencies that
get
> > overwritten (which does need a pseudo-atomic copy-to-tmp+move
scheme).

> Do you think that triggering this based on a version of "latest" makes
> the most sense, or do we need a separate nested task or boolean flag?
> I like the version approach except that I hate to make decisions based
> on a string value.

No, it shouldn't be based on the string value. As I said earlier, we
have different 'latest' versions, one per CVS branch. So the version
string is more an explicit hint that it's a dynamic dependency, as
opposed to a fixed 1.0 dependency. I'd have branchA-latest and
branchB-latest for example. A boolean flag or a different element sounds
good, the difficult part is in finding a good name for either... --DD