ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Dominique Devienne" <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: cvs commit: ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/optional/metamata AbstractMetamataTask.java MParse.java
Date Mon, 15 Nov 2004 15:21:27 GMT
> -----Original Message-----
> From: bodewig@apache.org [mailto:bodewig@apache.org]
>   Log:
>   More Jikes warnings

Stefan, could you explain the main categories of warning your changes
are fixing? I see a lot of local and member variables name changes, and
I suspect some of them relate to name hiding, while some others kind of
puzzle me. Why does Jikes care between newValue and newV? What could the
local var newValue possibly hide?

I guess I also picked up using static methods directly instead of thru
an instance ref, but what else is there?

As I'm not a Jikes user, and don't really plan to be, what should we be
watching out for to avoid such warnings? Thanks, --DD