ant-dev mailing list archives

From Russell Gold <>
Subject Re: repository
Date Tue, 23 Nov 2004 17:55:22 GMT
On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 14:05:35 +0100, Stefan Bodewig <> wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Nov 2004, Steve Loughran <> wrote:
> > I dont think security checking of Md5 checksums should be voluntary;
> While I agree with this in principal, implementing it may be difficult
> since the Maven-like repo at holds .MD5 files (or .md5 or
> .md5sum) that have been created by different tools and thus have
> different formats.

Do you mean the repository under <> ?

I would like to make a repository type to handle it, but it doesn't
show much consistency. For example, just comparing three java
projects: ant, bcel, and struts, their versioned binaries are located

the only thing that you can count on is the existence of the binaries
directory and the version extension. You could consider ant to have
group/artifact as "ant/apache-ant" and struts to have
"struts/jakarta-struts" but bcel has an extra layer:

Now there are workarounds here, but it sure doesn't make things easy-
and the paths tend to change over time. The ibiblio repository works
because it has a well-defined and consistent structure. The apache
repository does not seem to, even ignoring the checksum algorithm

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message