ant-dev mailing list archives

From Russell Gold <>
Subject task testing style?
Date Tue, 16 Nov 2004 17:33:54 GMT
The tests I have looked at in ant appear mostly to use a semi-
functional test style: they use xml to define a task, run it, and then
check some results (which may simply be the lack of an error). I am
used to a more unit testing style, in which external classes or
subsystems are stubbed out. For example, for my dependencies task, I
want to confirm that a dependency is downloaded only if it is not
already present, which I do by mocking the fetch mechanism. Is this
approach being used somewhere in ant? Has there been any discussion of
the two approaches to testing?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message