ant-dev mailing list archives

From Russell Gold <russg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: repository
Date Thu, 11 Nov 2004 18:42:45 GMT
On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 17:53:15 +0000, Steve Loughran <stevel@apache.org> wrote:
> I want the opinon of other developers on this topic.

I have an idea. Since this is still new development and presumably
there is a fair bit of time until the next ant release, *and* this is
a new concept in ant and we have identified such divergent approaches,
why don't we build both for now and let people try them?  Experience
may show that one is clearly a better approach than the other, or that
each has advantages which could be combined in a final task to be
released. We can also copy from one another and possibly reach
consensus in that fashion.  All we need to do is avoid a name
collission.