ant-dev mailing list archives

From Kevin Jackson <kevin.jack...@it.fts-vn.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/optional/metamata AbstractMetamataTask.java MParse.java
Date Tue, 16 Nov 2004 02:47:33 GMT
Dominique Devienne wrote:

>>From: Stefan Bodewig [mailto:bodewig@apache.org]
>>All of the fixes I committed have either been for shadowed defintions
>>or statics used as non-statics.  There also is a warning about switch
>>fall-throughs in JavaEnvUtils but they are wanted.
>>

>Thanks for the summary. My own Java code prefixes member vars with an
>underscore, so I don't see much local vars shadowing myself. --DD

My compiler (eclipse 3, Jikes on Panther) complains alot about local
variables hiding class variables.  Although I wanted to rename them
(just to be rid of 1000+ warning messages), I decided that perhaps there
was a reason (ie naming convention).

Still most of the problems could be fixed really easily - If you'd like
I'll go through and use qualifiers (this.X) or rename them all and
supply a patch - I'd like to do it to get rid of all the warnings I get,
but I won't make changes unless people think it's worthwhile - "if it
ain't broke, don't fix it"

Kev