ant-dev mailing list archives

From Kevin Jackson <kevin.jack...@it.fts-vn.com>
Subject Re: [Patch] Removed deprecated code from DefaultInputHandler
Date Fri, 12 Nov 2004 10:32:40 GMT

>IIRC I used DataInputStream instead of BufferedReader for a reason, I
>can't exactly recall why.
>
>Most likely I wanted to avoid reading more than the current input
>request wanted to process - BufferedReader may be too greedy and
>swallow content that was supposed to go to a subsequent request or
>even a different task.

That's a bit of a pain w.r.t. the depracted warnings/errors I get.  My
compiler is set to error on deprecated code (forces me to get rid),
that's why I noticed it really.  Maybe there's an alternative that
doesn't swallow needed input, but isn't marked deprecated?  Or perhaps
we'd have to roll our own solution to this - which would be tiresome
given the minor nature of the problem.

Kev