ant-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: copy mapper types supported?
Date Tue, 16 Nov 2004 18:09:43 GMT
--- Russell Gold <russgold@gmail.com> wrote:
> etc. gives me an error: "The <copy> type doesn't
> support the nested
> "flattenmapper" element."

This comes for free in one of two ways:  outside of a
task/type, or inside a task that accepts
FileNameMappers.  <copy> accepts a Mapper/<mapper>,
which defines an underlying FileNameMapper.  Your
simplest options are to define your <flattenmapper>
with an id, then use <mapper refid="foo" />, or you
can nest your <flattenmapper> in a(n implicit
container) <mapper>:  <mapper><flattenmapper
/></mapper>.  Or you could subclass <copy> to accept
the FileNameMapper designated by <flattenmapper>.  I
hope I am making the differences clear, but ultimately
I suspect what you are after is how to do what you
want.

HTH,
Matt

P.S.  This would probably have been more suited to the
user list.