ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject Re: TestListener for JUnit task
Date Thu, 14 Oct 2004 12:12:11 GMT
On Thu, 07 Oct 2004, Tom Ball <> wrote:

> Perhaps the right answer is for JUnitTestRunner to report test
> count, start and end via new methods in the JUnitResultFormatter
> interface,

I don't think the TestRunner actually knows the number of tests before
running them, I may be wrong.  The information already is availbale
via the JUnitTest passed in on the endTestSuite method.

> which the current implementors can ignore so their output isn't
> changed.

Current implementors still would have to change their implementation
to actually compile.  I wouldn't want to change the existing interface
for backwards compatibility reasons.

If there is a way to predict the number of tests before running them,
we could extend JUnitTest to hold that information and your new
formatter could capture it in startTestSuite.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message